.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Mmmmm.....Food.......

Sunday, March 13, 2005

Timberlodge Steakhouse (Chain, Owatonna location)

We just got back from the Timberlodge.

We went there for a late lunch/early dinner. My birthday is next week and if you sign up for their birthday club they send you a coupon in your email. Last year it was BOGO free meals. This year it was $10 off your bill.

We arrived there at 3:15, which was was too late for lunch (15 minutes late) and Andy was bummed as he was hoping for some type of burger or sandwich. I already knew what I was going to have, the Soup & Salad Combo (it's actually a Soup, Salad, or Potato combo - pick 2 of them.)

Another thing to note is that from 3-6 pm daily, they have Happy Hour, which consists of 2fer's on tappers, bar pours, and house wines. Andy was not in the drinking mood, so he ordered a Coke. I ordered a House Merlot, which is actually pretty decent.

We then started out with there Paul Bunyan Onion. The dipping sauce was a little strong on the horseradish and I think it helped clear up my sinuses a little bit. It was good and we ate about 2/3 of it. We needed to save room for food.

We both ordered the soup & salad combo (wild rice soup for both of us, a spinach salad for me, and a garden salad for Andy) and it comes with their homemade wheat bread loaves too. My spinach salad was looking a little on the skimpy side, but came with plenty of very yummy dressing (usually it has some hot bacon dressing, but I asked for Ranch) and hard boiled egg and real bacon bits. Andy's salad was a traditional garden salad with a bunch of veggies and real bacon bits as well. I think we both enjoyed our salads. The soup was in a bowl and was very thick. We could not finish all our soup and brought them home (mmmm....lunch for me tomorrow.) The bread was served warm and with their herb butter. We got 2 loaves and only ate 1 1/3, so the rest goes with lunch.

We were about done, but the waitress was such a charmer and offered to buy me a birthday dessert. Wow! Such a sweetheart. Bring it on!

She asked if we wanted the strawberry cheesecake, something else, or would like her to surprise me. I went for the surprise! She came out with this HUGE piece of cheesecake with strawberries on top. It tasted like it was cream cheese whipped with Cool Whip and had a light graham cracker crust. It was very good. And FREE!

I would say that we come to Timberlodge for a meal 4-5 times a year and a little more often for Happy Hour. I don't think I have ever been disappointed in the food or the service. The price can get to be a little much, but when you get $10 off and a free dessert, the price is just right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home