.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Mmmmm.....Food.......

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Fondue Party This Saturday

I think I plan to do a cheese fondue party.......and with mutiple locations that I may be researching what I plan to do & get recipes, I thought it would be easier to just post the items here. I should probably try to track down another cheese fondue pot, others seem to have oil ones and I don't want to do an oil party, as with the pregnancy greasy smells and items have not reacted very well for me.

Here's a recipe I like for Creamy Cheese Fondue. I don't like the recipe in this next link, but it has ideas for dippers.


Basically for a cheese fondue they recommend types of crusty hard breads (bakery breads like french bread, sour dough, etc.) and vegetables (asparagus, mushrooms, baby corn, snow peas, broccoli & caluiflower) that are slightly cooked or possibly breaded & baked veggies, pears, apples, pickles & potato wedges, maybe some spinach balls.

I still need to come up with a main course to go with it. Andy doesn't like the ideas online about doing deli sandwiches w/ a cheese fondue. And I should come up with a dessert recipe since I am forgoing the chocolate fondue.

Here are some ideas of what to serve with a cheese fondue.

Maybe one of my neighbors has a cheese fondue pot. If they do then I can have one pot that we can dip meats (Chicken breast cubes, shrimp, meatballs, little weiners) in the cheese & another we will dip only vegetarian products in (since we will have a vegetarian in our midst). If I get another post and we can serve some meats with it, then I should just serve a salad to go along with the cheese fondue.

I think that is what I want to do. Now I just need to find another pot.

1 Comments:

  • Dessert Ideas:
    Amaretto sauce: http://www.recipegoldmine.com/desstop/desstop3.html

    Chocolate Angel Food Cake: http://www.bakinglowfat.com/recipes/chocolate-angel-food-cake

    Fruit in Carmel & Whiskey Sauce http://www.recipezaar.com/137457

    By Blogger Lame Shrill Owl, at 6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home