.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Mmmmm.....Food.......

Sunday, April 03, 2005

Thumbs Up!

These are a couple of new purchases from the grocery store that I give a thumbs up to:

Bolthouse Juices I have gotten the orange, carrot, & Green Goodness. The Oranage is PERFECT just on it's own. The carrot can be quite strong on it's own and I like to mix it half & half with apple juice, but the carrot juice is still very good. And yesterday I purchased the Green Goodness for the first time. It kinda looks like green sludge, but it tastes so good. A friend recommended this one when you are feeling under the weather because it is PACKED with vitamins & minerals. I found the best place to buy this is at a Super Wal-Mart for $2.50. I have bought it at th regular grocery store, but they charge an extra dollar. And there are other flavors yet for me to try, which include: Passion, Vedge, Strawberry Banana, Perfectly Protein, Mango Lemonade, & Berry Boost. Yummy. I am drinking the Green Goodness right now. And the best part is that these juices are 100% Natural. No artificial anything, which is great!

Baker's Inn Stone Ground Whole Wheat with Extra Fiber (a Wonder Bread Company product)
I was buying the other varities (100% whole wheat & Honey Whole Wheat) before, but at my last trip to the bread store (we have a Wonder Bread Store in our community) the cashier was asking what I was looking for in a bread, as I was reading all the labels (yes, I am a label readerand sometimes it takes me a while at the grocery store if there are a bunch of new products I am looking for) and I told her I was looking for a bread with the most amount of fiber that tasted good. So, the previous varities has 3 grams of fiber per slice and I thought they tasted good. But then she told me that they were coming out with a couple of new varities and one of them had extra fiber. Woohoo! I bought a loaf yesterday of the extra fiber version (this has 5 grams of fiber per slice) and I think it has a better flavor than the other varities. So, in one sandwich I get 10 grams of fiber. That's amazing!

Read about the benefits of fiber. Now, we are supposed to be getting 20-35 grams of fiber a day and most Americans get between 10-15 grams. This needs to be improved. So, just one sandwich give me 1/3-1/2 the amount of fiber I need in a day. That's excellent!

1 Comments:

  • Dear Lame Shrill Owl,
    I totally love your blogs. I tried the green Boathouse today and you are right- it is awesome. Thanks for your info on Costa Rica, now I want to go. Thanks again, Allison

    By Blogger Allison, at 2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home