.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Mmmmm.....Food.......

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Lowfat Chewy Oatmeal & Fruit Bars

I got this recipe off the back of the Quaker Old Fashioned Oatmeal can, and of course, changed it to suit my needs. I haven't done any calculations on calories or WW points or anything. I just thought they sounded good & healthy and I needed something to make to bring to Ladies Night at Jessi's tonight.

Lowfat Chewy Oatmeal & Fruit Bars
1 1/4 C Splenda
1 tsp. molasses
2 egg whites, slighted beaten
2 T skim milk
2 T canola oil
1 tsp. vanilla
8 oz. fat-free vanilla (or plain) flavored yogurt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt (optional)
1 1/2 C whole wheat flour
3 C old fashioned oatmeal
1 C dried fruit (I used a combination of raisins, pineapple & coconut - just a tablespoon of cocount)

Mix splenda, molasses, milk, oil, egg whites, vanilla & yogurt together. In a separate bowl, mix cinnamon, baking soda, salt, flour, & oatmeal. Add dry mixture to the yogurt mixture and blend. Stir in dried fruit. Spread in greased 13x9 pan (I used 2 smaller pans, so I could bring one & keep one at home.) Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Cool & serve.

1 Comments:

  • These are not very sweet or very rich. Keep in mind these are a breakfast type bar, not a dessert.

    By Blogger Lame Shrill Owl, at 8:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home