.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Mmmmm.....Food.......

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Carrot Bran Muffin

I love muffins for a weekend breakfast, but many of the recipes I found were for 3-point muffins. So, after my daughter asking me to make carrot muffins, I went in search of a recipe and made it more weight watchers friendly by changing many things. I came up with this recipe that is 2.5 points for 2 muffins! They are cooking as I type, but I didn't want to forget how I made them. Hopefully they turn out tasty.

Carrot Bran Muffins

1 1/4 C skim milk
2 C Fiber One cereal
1/2 C applesauce
2 eggs, beaten
1 3/4 C carrot
1/4 C sweetened dried cranberries
1/4 C sweetened coconut
1 1/4 C whole wheat flour
8 packets stevia
1/2 T molasses
1/4 C white sugar
1/2 tsp. almond extract
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt

Combine cereal, eggs, milk and applesauce in a large bowl and let soak about 10 minutes, then add carrots, cranberries, coconut, molasses & almond extract.

In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients. Add the cereal mixture and stir just until combined. Grease muffin pans and fill about 2/3 full and bake in 350 degree oven 20 to 25 minutes. Makes 18 muffins.

WW Info: (per 1 muffin) 92 calories, 1.39g fat, 4.72g fiber

You could try an egg subsitute and more stevia in place of the white sugar to bring down the points a little more.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home