.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Mmmmm.....Food.......

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Delicious Zucchini Salad

I made this the other day for my in-laws birthday lunch. I never made it before, but I have a lot of zucchini to use up.

It is a Zucchini Salad with Hot Bacon Dressing.

Dressing
3 slices bacon
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1/3 cup cider vinegar
1/3 cup water
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1/4 teaspoon black pepper

Salad
4 cups shredded zucchini
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
salt
sliced tomatoes

Fry bacon in skillet until crisp. Drain on paper towels; crumble. To 1 tablespoon of drippings, add sugar and cornstarch. Add vinegar, water, soy sauce, and pepper. Cook until mixture boils and thickens, stirring constantly. Set aside to let cool slightly. Combine zucchini in a bowl with the crumbled bacon; season with salt then toss with the warm dressing. Arrange on serving plates with sliced tomatoes.Serves 4 to 6.

** I pretty much followed the directions, although I did not have the cider vinegar and used this Marionberry Vinegar I bought from Harry & David.

This tasted very good. It was kinda like a German potato salad, but with zucchini. I suppose you could make it WW friendly by leaving out the bacon stuff. But then it would be like coleslaw more and I am sure it would taste very good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home