.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Mmmmm.....Food.......

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Oat Bran Banana Pancakes

This recipe came from this cookbook. This is such a great cookbook. And it has more than just breakfast recipes. We had gotten this almost 5 years ago as a bridal shower gift from a friend.

The recipe comes from this B&B in Maine, although we have never been there. So, I can't speak to that B&B at all.

I only tweaked the recipe slightly. It already seemed pretty healthy (low in calories & high in fiber.) I replaced the all-purpose flour w/ whole wheat flour and sugar with splenda and left out the nuts. It wasn't a WW recipe, but I added up points on my version to see what it would be. So, here is my version of it.

*** Ok, I had to change a little more because it was way too thick. Andy compared it to eating a steak, when we ate some from the first batch. After scooping(yes, scooping) the first batch out I added about 3/4 C water to the mix and it had the consistency of pancakes. They were very good though, and very filling. ***

Oat Bran Banana Pancakes
1 C Oat Bran
1 C Whole Wheat Flour
2 tsp. Baking Soda
1 T Splenda
1/2 C Banana (mashed)
2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1 1/2 C Plain FF Yogurt
1 Egg, whole
3 Egg Whites

Directions: In a large bowl, combine the bran, flour, soda, & suagr. Stir in the banana & vanilla. Add yogurt & whole egg. In a separate bowl beat egg whites, then fold into bran mixture. Let sit for 30-45 minutes. Cook pancakes as you do. Makes 6 servings of 3 pancakes.

WW Points per serving: 2.50 (plus whatever you put on top. I like to use Smart Balance & SF Syrup, Andy puts on a lite syrup on his.)

*** After making it I was able to figure out how many servings there were, because the actual recipe said 4-6, but honestly they are so filling that you only need 3 pancakes. It makes 18 pancakes total. Now I have a bunch of leftover pancakes in the frigde. Guess what we are having for breakfast the next couple of days. ***

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home