.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Mmmmm.....Food.......

Monday, August 28, 2006

Back on Weight Watchers

Well......I gotta go back on Weight Watchers because I need a little focus again......I was doing it before I got pregnant and lost 14 pounds....then I got pregnant and didn't do it, but I did make sure I was eating according to the new food pyramid and trying to get a balanced diet...I managed to gain pregnancy weight that was within the healthy range of 25-35 (I gained 30)......and then after having the baby the eight started to come off really easily, almost too easily and I quickly lost focus because I was eating ice cream, full fat dairy products and huge burgers and pizza and the weight was still coming off......but recently I seemed to hit a plateau and put back on 3 pounds (when I only had 6 pounds to go to ger to my pre-pregnancy weight).....so, I needed a little focus on my portion control and choices and decided it was best to go back on weight watchers....I am breastfeeding, so I need to add 10 points to my points and I should be able to lose a 1/2-1 pound a week without compromising my breastmilk production.

So, tonight I am going to make whole wheat spaghetti with pesto (WW recipe) and tomatoes. I am leaving out the pinenuts simply because I don't have any, and I don't need then anyways. By leaving out the pinenuts I get to take off a half a point per serving, making this pesto 1.5 points per serving.

Wish me luck -- I would like to be back to my pre-pregnancy weight at the end of October. Hopefully I will be able to start fitting back into more of my pre-pregnancy pants.

1 Comments:

  • This pesto recipe as I made it was excellent. Although I made it into 5 servings and it was plenty flavorful and it lowered the points a little bit.

    By Blogger Mom of Two, at 10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home