.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Mmmmm.....Food.......

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Lentil Tomato Sauce

I am making this Lentil Tomato Sauce tonight. I will let you know how it turns out. I saw the recipe in Body & Soul magazine and just had to try it. It looks so good. Smells good coooking right now. I like that magazine.

It's about 8 WW points (8.18) for the whole thing - sauce & pasta.

I used FF yogurt & whole wheat pasta, so it is probably closer to 8pts. The sauce is very thick and filling and you get quite a bit of it. It's actually more sauce than pasta (or maybe it's 50:50.)

But I am not doing WW right now, so I am going to sprinkle some cheese on top.

The other great thing is that you get 23g of protein in a serving. And because you are eating the lentil with pasta it is a compelte protein (bonus!) I am actually serving broccoli on the side, which combined with pasta or lentils also makes a complete protein. You can figure out how much protein you need here. It all depends upon how much you weigh, but typially Americans eat too much protein. But you can figure you need around 100g, so this one meal will give you 1/4 of your protein needs for the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home