.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Mmmmm.....Food.......

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Crabapple Jam

So, this is the recipe I made. I looked up a bunch of different recipes and based mine on a couple I thought sounded good, but went with my taster to figure out how much sugar I wanted, as well as cinnamon & nutmeg. I figured I better type it up, because the hubby likes it as I made it and I will need to remember how exactly I made it.

Crabapple Jam
5 pounds crabapples
water (enough to just cover crabapples, about 7 cups)
10 C sugar
1 T cinnamon
1 tsp. nutmeg
1 3/4 ounces dry pectin

Directions:
Wash apples & remove stems. Cook apples & water until apples are soft (they will start splitting and that's ok). Run apples & water through an electric juicer. Discard pulp. Reserve juice mixture (I had about 10 cups). Stir juice, cinnamon, nutmeg, & pectin together over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil. Lower heat to medium and add sugar. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Bring to a boil for a minute. Remove from heat & skim foam from top. Pour into hot sterilized jars, seal & process in a hot bath for 10 minutes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home